Friday, September 9, 2016

The Sun Comes Up...

in Technicolor

In 1949, when the movie "The Sun Comes Up" was playing in theaters, my Mom took me to see it.  It was a Lassie movie and starred Jeanette MacDonald.  (I actually thought the name of the movie was, "The Sun Comes Up in Technicolor,"  I was only 7 after all).

Little did I know that way down the road, on my life journey I would get to know and love two Lassie dogs...Duke and DJ.

Back to the title of this post, "The Sun Comes Up" and a photo I took which caused me to remember the whole Lassie/Collie thing.

I was also intrigued by the flare at the bottom right of photo...I love it when this kind of thing happens in a photograph I take.  To me it looks like a green bird flying, fantastic!

Happy Friday to one and all...

© 2016 Out Of My Mind Images - All Rights Reserved
  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Theanne, I seem to remember watching an old movie years ago with my sister called 'Lassie Comes Home's.. I think that's what it was called, anyway I seem to remember us both crying our eyes out 😁😁 I know what you mean about Facebook, it drives me crazy, but apparently it's good for the blog. You might have noticed I don't put anything up there apart from my blog posts ☺ I hope all is well in your world, I do enjoy so much seeing your lovely family when you put pics up. Hope you have a good weekend, take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Lassie Come Home too...with Roddy McDowall and cried my eyes out as well. Loved all the animal movies, horses, dogs, cats, pigs! Things are well in my world...I enjoy taking photos of the family and sharing :) You have a good weekend too!

      Delete
  2. Hi Theanne, I seem to remember watching an old movie years ago with my sister called 'Lassie Comes Home's.. I think that's what it was called, anyway I seem to remember us both crying our eyes out 😁😁 I know what you mean about Facebook, it drives me crazy, but apparently it's good for the blog. You might have noticed I don't put anything up there apart from my blog posts ☺ I hope all is well in your world, I do enjoy so much seeing your lovely family when you put pics up. Hope you have a good weekend, take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shot - did you even know it was there when you took it? Sometimes we capture some wonderful surprises, don't we?
    I don't believe I ever saw that movie, nice thing for you to remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually to be quite honest I was going for a shot with a flare in it...because I love them. I never know what I'm going to get when I aim into the sun. It's one of the reasons I love digital cameras...you can aim into the sun...couldn't do that with film...the film would fry. Well that's what my Dad told me anyway :) My Mom liked to go to the movies...so I got to see quite a few before I was 15 and we had a TV. A few were probably a little mature for me (like "Duel in the Sun," starring Jennifer Jones, Joseph Cotten, Gregory Peck, Lillian Gish and Lionel Barrymore), but the censors were so strict back then it wasn't too bad :)

      Delete